Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Homespun Gift Giving

Now that almost everyone received their gifts from me, I can reveal them to you all. When I get around to it I will post tutorials. We are all a little under the weather right now at the house.


These candy sleighs were a hit. I made these for our stockings, in place of just throwing in chocolates. All you need is candy and that handy dandy glue gun.

 

My nieces and nephews got a homemade ornament on their gift to adorn their tree. I purchased a roll of 12 ball ornaments at the dollar store. Mini jingle bells were added and the hot glue gun was used to make the initials. Epsom salt added quickly gives a pretty sparkle.


Who doesn't love a bucket of snow! Our part of California is sunny and green so faux snow for a White Christmas is a must. Add shaving cream to baking soda and voila you have cold powder snow.


I made these sensory play kits for all my nieces and nephews. Check out my 
 Moon Sand  post on how to make sand.


The aroma while making these was delectable. I included instructions on a Christmas card on how to use this Gingerbread scrub so everybody knows it's not to eat. Mommy Musings blog has the recipe and printables.


These lavender heat pillows were all hand sewn with love. Me and my sewing machine have a love /hate relationship. The dried lavender flowers were cultivated from my own plants. Fill with rice and any aromatic flower of your choice, and pop into the microwave for up to two minutes. Your sore muscles will thank you.


The adults received my "Comfort & Joy Baskets".  The time and effort that went into making  these gifts was a true labor of love that I look forward to doing again when the holidays roll around . 

Happy New Year's Eve Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment