Thursday, January 6, 2022

Forever 21 Twice & January's Intro

Hello January, welcome 2022 and winter... sort of. The last day of 2021 was spend shopping for essentials due to the fact everything federal including Aldi's grocery would be closed on New Years Day. Stayed up to watch the ball drop, which glitched on tv at count down time but was brought in with fireworks and gunfire from the the neighbors promptly at midnight. Then off to bed we were 20 minutes later. The next day was an early morning yard work day prepping for the cold snap that would arrive the next day. We were sweating in shorts and tank tops while covering pipes and weather proofing the garden. Still experiencing spring days with cold snap nights. But I'm not complaining, these days in the yard are glorious.

My new outdoor boots I received for Christmas from my Renaissance man. Will be rocking them when it actually gets colder, they are super fuzzy and fur lined all the way down.

Lets all have a laugh at the tiny greenhouse I purchased on amazon for my plants pictured in the back. Realizing it was not adequate for all plant coverage, the husband quickly propped up an old shade tent and covered it with tarp.  

The kitchen always has something green growing on. Garlic bulbs were sprouting so I transplanted to soil and will transplant again later. I'm thinking of experimenting with growing sprouts and microgreens while outdoor grows are limited.

The second day of the year brought about me being forever 21 twice. This is also when Winter arrived with it's 38 Degrees for the high. Cozy inside with family, cake, and gifts was how I spent it. {L} made my cake and decorated in pink and gold around the house. Can you see in my eyes the manifesting for the year.

We don't take down the Christmas tree until after my birthday because it then becomes a birthday tree. The night was spent cozied up catching up to the drama of The Sweet Magnolia's in book 6 of the series and drinking some bubbly lemonade tea (still sober). Cheers to the New Year all my blogging friends! I truly deeply appeciate you sticking around with me for another year and many adventures.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Holly! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Love the color theme with pink and gold. Always a good combination, and so NEW YEARS too! That cake looks Yummy. It's good to hear you are getting into your new boots already - they will be soft and warm for the Winter. A great way to start the new year reading a good book. You look fantastic at 42, Holly! Keep smiling that pretty smile.

    ~Sheri

    ps.....I can't believe you're in shorts and tanks out in the garden. We're freezing here with 12 degree temperatures. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo jealous of your greenery. I am also jealous of your cake, lol!

    Happy Birthday, my precious Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year and Happy Birthday. Crazy that it is green there. The only thing I am growing is icicles and I would love a pair of those boots!!!! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Wishes and Happy Birthday too.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated Birthday and New Year! I love those boots!
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  6.  Hello Blog Admin and anyone reading this , I was diagnosed of herpes and Hiv at the age of 24, and it runs my life until I came to know of Dr Itua herbal center- thankfully after drinking Dr itua herbal medicines for two weeks I'm completely cured which really helped me now I've had no limit how much I do massively. I had two jobs, one full time and one part time, have my horse to care for and would also help friends with their horses. Have since had to accept that I only have one job (to take care of my health) and still care for my horse with help... Dr Itua also cures all sorts of chronic illness and diseases like Herpes,Hiv/Aids,Cancer,Kidney Disease,Liver Diseases,Hepatitis,Lupus,HPV,Diabetes,COPD, And other health conditions anyone may have in their body. Dr Itua uses his herbal medicineTo cure those diseases.
    Visit his herbal website www.drituaherbalcenter.com/shop or email drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com This is an illness I wouldn't wish on my enemy

    ReplyDelete