Saturday, July 13, 2019

Brain Swirl at Sunrise


It's sunrise on a Saturday morning. Fowl, insects, birds, nature in the trees are humming their tune welcoming a new day. There is a buzzing in my brain contemplating many aspects at rapid speed as I wait for my Bullet Proof coffee to brew.
*
Is this year half over or half begun? Many social media quotes have been popping up with this reminder. My mind wants to start planning, making multiple list for the future. School will be starting up again the last week of August which is next month. I have two teenage  daughters finally going to the same High School, {L} a Freshman, {E} a Junior. My little man {M}will be in the 3rd grade. {S} my adult son who lives in California has a job working with his uncle. Where has the time gone?

Before school starts up again we will take an epic road trip with our family and extended family on our bus. Gran Abuela, Abuela & Abuelo, us grown children, and our children,(who reside in Texas) will share stories and make memories that will span the 4 generations into the next. I miss our West Coast beaches, but I am promised white sugar sand , and emerald waters. Living in the West all my life, then moving to the South, we are traveling to the East Coast. There will be some Cajun bayou fun in the mix as well.

The garden is coming along as best it can. The heat, soil, and water are iffy components, but some crops have survived and thrived. I've harvested and enjoyed tomatillos, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, strawberries, and onions. Herbs are picked as needed, garlic and ginger as well. I may continue a late summer crop, I need to amend and rework some beds. As time goes by so will my experience and knowledge of the seasons out here. Many adventures are ahead and I look forward to sharing them with y'all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this while enjoying my coffee. Like you, I can't believe how fast the year is going by. I hope the next brings better things for all of us (family and health and garden and all).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be an exciting year for your girls in high school, and good that they will be together, only two years apart. That's great that your son has a job with his uncle in California. I bet you miss him, and California misses you. But it sounds like you have transitioned to Texas life very well, and have many plans for this Fall. I look forward to hearing about them, Holly.

    Enjoy these Summer days. I will be going to So Cal. soon to visit Nel. She has moved from Georgia and back home now.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete