Sunday, November 19, 2023

Merry Making - Marigold Magic

Calendula from my garden

Ingredients: Marigold Oil, Beeswax, Lavender Essential Oil

Literally made with Love

Tin Time


The holidays are just around the corner, and when I can find the time I love merry making of crafts, tinctures, lotions, and potions. Even though the weather has been great out here, everyday chores have our hands drying out , and a few of us are getting small cuts and burns. Marigold Magic salve to the rescue. I extracted calendula flowers into oil. Those baby food jars come in handy for everything! Then melted some beeswax into the oil in a double boiler with a few drops of lavender essential oil for fragrance, the ingredients shown in the photo are not exact measurements. Poured into 2 oz tins, and then labeled for gifting. P.S. we've already started decorating for Christmas. A week ahead more than usual but hey we have been in the spirit , and they way life is we will do all the things that bring us joy when the heart calls it in ♡ 






 


 

 

4 comments:

  1. That's so neat that you made candles. They will be wonderful gifts for the Christmas season. I like how you added the lavender oil for a nice scent. I hear ya on the everyday chores and the outside chores as well. It can take its toll on our body afterwards. Glad you are finding use of those baby bottles. Happy Thanksgiving, Holly.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for finding my blog and leaving a comment about my gingerbread boys. I love. your healing salve idea! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've toyed with the Idea of Candlemaking... I should actually dive into doing it one day. So many of my staple suppliers went out of business, especially during Pandemic.

    ReplyDelete