Thursday, May 30, 2019

Days In The Garden ~ Buzz & Bloom

The garden is buzzing & blooming! This space is turning into a sanctuary and meditation zone for me as I care and water our truly organic food source. My thoughts tend to wander out here and the sun is not the only warmth I feel as gratitude sinks all the way to my bones. As I write this summer break has officially commenced at Celestial Pines Homestead, let the fun begin!

 We have a small cabbage patch which brings to mind my childhood in the 80's. I had a doll which was named after my Nonni Charlotte, unfortunately I no longer have neither.

 Pungent onion blooms bring about sweet nectar to the pollinators so I shall leave them to feed then drop for crop regeneration. ~ Texas Gold Onions ~
 Store bought potatoes with eyes dropped in dirt produce lovely plants. Having to hill them ever so often brings about laughter as "The hills have eyes"! I spy with my little eye two yellow spiders and a grasshopper.
 Busy busy buzzy bee. I love the hard work and dedication mother nature assist me in the care for this garden space we share. ~ Cucumber Bloom ~
 My first Straight 8 cucumber. There are many spiny tiny baby cucumbers emerging along the vines.
 Baby sugar pie pumpkin blooms. These are struggling along, everytime I see a small fruit ball forming it is quickly dropped the next day. I may need to plant a pumpkin patch elsewhere.
 Holy tomatillos , salsa verde anyone? These were grown from sliced fruit put into soil. The lanterns have tiny tomas growing inside.
 Up close of a 12 Spotted Skimmer blending into the landscape of natural habitat. Pinecones are removed from the garden beds daily due to the variety pines on the property.
Wild view of the garden. The Hubby weedeated on Monday and it looks alot better, but here's the untamed version. Excuse the ladder, the Hubby also put galvanized sheet metal on the storage roof.
Dear garden orb weaver your are "MAGNIFICENT", I thank you for keeping the plant eaters and munchers away. These spider are also found on or front windows and keep the mosquitos at bay. 

GREEN BLESSINGS TO Y'ALL ⚘


5 comments:

  1. Oh your Garden is Magnificent! This year I only got our Herb Garden in... we have The Young Prince here with his Roommate Tribe from Washington State and two are Classically trained Chefs so they appreciate my Fresh Herb selection for cooking Dinners while here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is the most unusual looking spider! You are going to love making salsa with all those tomatoes. Oh, I hope your pumpkins come around. Won't that be nice to see some for Fall? The onion blooms are really pretty, aren't they? And you have a cabbage patch! Nel had a Cabbage Patch doll also, and she still has it to this day. That girl doesn't get rid of too many things from childhood. You really have a green thumb Holly, and your garden looks wonderful. Enjoy it this Summer.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks yummy. I hope the pumpkin gets better.

    That is a seriously stunning spider.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous garden! thank you for appreciating and nurturing the lovely creatures that coexist with you.

    ReplyDelete