Friday, August 31, 2018

Let's Get Stranded !



Our last beach trip before the start of school was quit the respite we needed before we got back into the full swing of things starting a new school year. Here we are enjoying the Gulf Coast in Galveston at 8:00 a.m. already sweating, combing the beach for shells, and taking a refreshing dip. After some sand and surf we headed out to discover the Historic Downtown known as "The Strand".













I would love to visit The Strand again , possibly as an overnight date  just me and the Hubby. I didn't get to explore and immerse myself like I would have liked to. We had to head back into town in time to do {L}s Jr High schedule pick up and meet the teachers. So far so good for the kids first week of school. I may get out this weekend and visit a farmers market to get fresh food and some creative inspiration. I've been creating some jewelry and working on dream catchers lately, of which I will post soon. The leaves are drifting down from the trees and there is a promise of some rain in next weeks forecast. I wish everyone a safe and splendid Labor Day weekend.








5 comments:

  1. I love that picture of the kids in the water, Holly. The sky and the water is such a pretty aqua color. It looks like you had a great time in the Downtown area. It's always fun to browse through the downtown of cities. This is a cute picture of you. The leaves are starting to fall here also. I hope the kids have a productive and wonderful school year.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Holly! Looks like you all had a great time! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your trip looks like a lot of fun! I hope the kids have a good year of school this year and can't wait to see all the wonderful things you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you and your beautiful family had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good to me! Can never have to much of the beach! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete