Thursday, November 2, 2017

So Long October


2017 in general for me has not been very kind , but October...well that was a deluge of a shit storm. In a nutshell, my son moved in with my Dad earlier than expected, the grim reaper paid a visit to my friends and family x4, and this whole home selling with all the stress has my saying good riddance to a month I usually indulge in, hallelujah to the flip of the calendar page.. Lets take a moment of peace for all the stuff going on globally as well.

I didn't want to start this post on a downer but the reality of Holly will be more apparent from here on out, isn't this what blogging is about in it's true essence, being vulnerable and sharing with  the world and having support from across the globe in return? Seriously I appreciate our blogging tribe so much words are not available for the expression here.

. Now On To Casa Sol y Luna News .

The house echoes deeply with all the bins packed up. A time warp happens when I walk into the rooms, different essences of decades are present in this house which was built in 1946. I have a deep connection with this home, even though it has only been 9 years. We are on a little more than a week left here then early next Saturday morning we will be hitting the road onto our next chapter in Texas. I cry everyday because memories will just hit me out of nowhere, and it's hard to leave my son behind but I know it is for the best.

I'm also pretty excited to move to the country, our little homestead here was just a taste of what real homesteading is all about. Living off the land in a beautiful country/ farm setting has been our retirement dream and the fact this dream is coming to fruition excites and scares me all in one. I'm a type A control freak and I have no knowledge our control off what is on the horizon. This is going to be a crazy ride, but I'm bringing you all along with me. Oh how I'm going to miss California!


6 comments:

  1. I hope November and 2018 bring many wonders. I'm almost sure it will. I hope the move goes smooth (oh, wow! I just realized that you start driving in a few hours). Be safe. Be happy. Be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, I hear you, I hear you. We have moved about 20 times in the 42 years we have been married but have been in this house for 12 years (the longest I have lived anywhere since childhood). It is bittersweet leaving it-it's sold and we will be moving in Spring--but it is what it is and I will be glad to put down new roots (and probably this will be our last move, Lord willing and the creek don't rise).

    Good for you for going on to your new adventure with an open mind and heart. It is hard but it will be worth it in the long run.

    Have a wonderful weekend and a great November. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, I do hope everything is sweeter and happier for you. This is a new year!
    Blessings and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sending you blessings and prayers, that from November on, everything will be happier for you and your family!! Be safe! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, Yes, this will be an unexpected journey, but living in the country is such a special thing. I've been wanting to do it for many years. And your son is in good hands at your dad's house. California will always be here if you ever want to return, but try to enjoy this Texas journey as much as you can. Sometimes change can be a good thing. I know it's kind of scary to venture out to the unknown, and I'll be thinking of you along the way. Keep posting from time to time and share the adventures with us, would you?

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. October seemed to be hell for a lot of people I know and its not good. Good things are a foot, that's what I believe and hope for you and your family. Moving is hard, moving is change, but you're going to get to explore and discover new things and places and that's going to be awesome! I wish you the best of luck, I know you are already on the road and I am late to the well wishing party! Safe travels and keep us posted so we know you made it safely! *BIG HUGS*

    ReplyDelete