Saturday, January 16, 2016

Just For The Record S.F.

On my 36th birthday I finally made the trip to the  Haight  Ashbury  District of San Francisco C.A. All the many times I visited San Francisco we never took the time to explore this strip. The Summer of Love in 1967 happened here and nostalgia of the hippie sub culture and the music created still can be found in the record stores.



The side view of Amoeba Music store from the McDonald's parking lot. Don't expect to park here and explore Haight it is strictly prohibited and you will be towed. Also to use the McD's restroom you must purchase something and then show the receipt to the guard who will then unlock the door for you (seriously).


A quick photo of the store front as we waited for the doors to open. There was a line of about 20 people ready to get their music fix. The record store used to be a bowling alley and opened as a music store in 1997.


This place is huge and the selection of music in all formats was astounding. We bought a Bob Marley & The Wailers record. Our {S} is really into music and received a record player for Christmas so a trip back later in the year for him to experience Amoeba Music for himself is a must.


Bob Marley is one of my favorite musical artist to absorb. His soulful vibes put me at ease and I really dig this photo of him. A lot of nostalgic photos and memorabilia adorn the walls and can be purchased to adorn yours.



Although we did not go into Rasputin Records I still had to stop and take a shot of the bright mural. So many more colors to trip off of ( by the senses only of course) awaited our us on our stroll up Haight & Ashbury.

1 comment:

  1. Love all these colors... And you've left me feeling like listening to some of my old Bob.

    And, of course, the image of the man guarding the McDonald's bathroom made me giggle. The same is true of most restaurants in New York. I'm always in awe of the enormous piece of wood or strange piece of something they use as a key-chain.

    ReplyDelete