Wednesday, September 23, 2015

From Shells to Skulls { H.H }

Happy Fall Yall. The wheel has turned yet again when darkness slowly takes over light. I hope everyone had a blissful Summer full of activities and some nature filled getaways. I sure did have an adventurous Summer with many escapes to my favorite seaside city's in Sunny California. As I write this I'm sitting in the kitchen with a fan blowing, and I'm still in tank tops and shorts! I got a few fall pieces recently from the Goodwill (another post) that I'm patiently waiting to be able to wear.

So the season has shifted and so is my decor. The shells, sand, and coastal hues are being tucked away in favor of black, orange, purple, and greens. My mind shift towards Halloween started early due to Ms Misantropia hosting a Fall Swap and me being the recipient of  Magaly Guerrero. Thanks also to Marfi for hosting Haunted Humpday.


Inside my box was these Halloween goodies. I could smell the soap right away. So I set about decorating a little early, shall we see more?


 Cakes were made on Monday for Mabon. See anything on the menu you like? The Dollar store has an array of signs for inside and outdoors.


Look out Chico! These spiders are truly creepy, their made of metal and at night time they cast shadows as if they are slowly creeping. The skull print was also bought at Ross.


Another Dollar store find. These would cool for soap, candle, and sugar skull making.


I hope you all enjoy the Autumnal Equinox. I'm of to chop wood and carry water.

6 comments:

  1. It all looks so festive around your house for Fall. Eeeek, those spiders.....it looks like Chico is staying far away from them. : ) The skull print is cool, and Ross is one of my favorite places to shop.

    Happy first day of Autumn, Holly.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly,
    you received some pretty cool stuff! Magaly is awesome!!!

    Those metal spiders look very creepy...I bought one like that a couple years back, it stays out year round.
    Can't wait to see your thrift store goodies.
    your comments were so sweet:) We do have a lot of fun....there's always something to celebrate!
    Blessings to you my friend...and thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw at Hannah blog that your package arrived a while ago :)
    Happy Mabon/Equinox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our dearest Ms Misantropia is certainly guilty of making me decorate early, yay! I'm glad you are enjoying your goodies.

    I'm quite taken by your ice cubes, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. California autumn must be nice!

    ReplyDelete