Sunday, September 22, 2024

Magical Mystical Morning

It was a magical mystical Friday morning at Celestial Pines Sanctuary. The misty grey sky and slight dew drizzle brought on the knowledge that yes indeed the turn of the wheel is at hand. Mabon (Autumnal Equinox) is on Sunday. The Fall decor will be up for about two weeks because its almost October and then we are in Halloween Mode. I've done a few projects with lil pumpkins, pinecones, mushrooms, and acorns I must share in another post.

We got our first pumpkins for the porch yesterday, while out doing a little grocery shopping. Lining the porch stairs with pumpkins has become a part of the must have every year decor and traditions. we carve and art 6 pumpkins.  I tend to pick up two every time we go. I shop Aldi's which has them for $5.00 and their pretty good sizes too.

With those boots into the foggy woods I go to start the day and morning chores. I even started the rubbish stick gathering fire in the fire pit and enjoyed the scent of camping in the morning. The bird feeders get refilled and the gardens and plants get a watering.

The entrance to Strega Nona's Garden, freshly adorned with new prayer flags put up on the Pisces Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse. Did you catch the eclipse and the blue violet pulsing plasma around it? The moonglow has been immense for days. There's a Solar Eclipse in the beginning of October.

Lovely purple flowers surprise me as I water the purple sweet potato vine. I have a few of these in big pots and heard they can actually grow sweet potatoes, that would be enjoyable. There is also potato slips in the ground.

Two little squash babies left . Something has come by and nibbled the other budding gourds off. This happened as well with my watermelon vine and the tiny melons emerging.

Pink Texas Star Cypress Vines trellising up the fence above one of our green onion patches. Also blooming are Zinnias. The hummingbirds frequent this space early in the morning.

All the hoot and holler this guy is meant to scare of rabbits and squirrels along with rubber snakes throughout the gardens. The decayed log actually grows wood ear mushrooms when it rains. In front of the owl is an Apple Tree I planted from seed. My grandsons placenta was placed under the tree when transplanted to a bigger pot. The seed was from an apple my daughter ate while pregnant with him.

This photo captured the reflection of the woods on the pond surface. I sat and pondered for awhile, taking in the beauty of my surroundings and the transition of the seasons.

This must be the view our dog Rico has of the yard. We need to mow next weekend, the pokey stickers are emerging, and we tend to bring them indoors and find them in our bare feet in the carpets.

Beautiful mini roses on the porch steps in pots. This bud had just opened this morning, must be taking a fresh inhale and exhale of the moisture and mist in the air.

Sometimes I go about the day and new words get invented on a whim. Rarely do I note it down so a lot of the great ones are lost in the ether. This magical mystic morning brought about gratitude and life's little remembrances that once upon a time I dreamed up and conjured in my mind how the life I'm living now would be!  
 
Merry Mabon & Happy Fall Y'all 🍁🐿️🍄


No comments:

Post a Comment