Friday, January 27, 2023

Let The Gardening Commence



2nd Yr. Asparagus 
Planting 3 Varieties of Onion

Last weekend I got back into the swing of working on the garden. There is plenty of green that survived during the winter such as chives, herbs, and plants in pots. The asparagus was harvested twice so far. The busy work was putting seeds in trays and pots for transplants in a few weeks. The weather is cold mornings , warm daylight, then back to chilly winter nights. The garden is getting an expansion. The Hubby is relocating the existing post and extending it to the trees in the back. It's crazy to think that the extra space I'm gaining is the size of our old garden at Casa Sol Y Luna. Every thing is bigger in Texas 😉 The extra space will allow for more pots, flowers, greenhouse, tomatoes, and I'm putting our wooden picnic table in there. As every year I strive to become more self sufficient with our own food harvest so fingers crossed this is a successful year of bounty and beauty. 
Green Blessings🌱

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I know how much you love gardening, and all the goodies you get to plant. It's nice you can already start planting a few things. It's still cold and snowy here, so no gardening for awhile. I got excited seeing your asparagus, one of my favorite veggies. What a wonderful garden you have, Holly, with a lot of space. I look forward to seeing your tomatoes, there's nothing like them. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your gardening :)

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete