Tuesday, October 25, 2022

When in Brenham - Blue Bell Creamery



1101 South Blue Bell Rd, Brenham TX 77833
Refrigerated delivery truck 1936
Beautiful stained glass panel in entrance to visitor center
Full of books, I had to look
Baseball Museum
Elevator to top floor, we used the stairs
Art on the wall
Ice cream parlor seating
Salted Caramel Brownie- the newest flavor & Cherry Vanilla

Ask any Texan and they will hands down say Blue Bell Ice Cream is the cream of the crop and the best ice cream in the country. Bluebells  are also the official state flower, and I've yet to do iconic photography during bluebell season, maybe next spring. The Blue Bell Creamery has been on our to do list for summer since we've moved here, almost five years ago can you believe it? We had a little time to kill before an appointment so we stopped in on a still very hot fall day. This museum and factory is pretty easy to do under an hr. We did a self guided tour, and then treated ourself to $1 scoops at the parlor. The observation deck was closed this day so that will have to be on the next trip.


3 comments:

  1. This sounds like Yummy ice cream. The parlor has a charming atmosphere. That little library is so cute. I've always loved those. Glad you got a chance to visit here, Holly. Can't believe you've been in Texas for five years! It sounds like you are finding your way there. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get that ice cream when we lived down south. It is not available here -or at least not carried by the stores where I shop. When I was a kid on the farm I had my own cow. Her name was Bluebell. lol. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your photographs.
    Yummy ice-cream :)

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete