Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Que Pasa Calabaza

Pumpkins in December? Yes, I finally got around to taking them off of the porch and into the kitchen. In October for Halloween I purchased these table top pumpkins for $2.98 each at H.E.B. To the tune of Jazzy Christmas tunes playing in the background I cut these orange beauties in half. These pumpkins are so full of flesh and had three seeds sprouting already. I promptly put the sprouts into  soil pots to see what develops later. The rest of the seeds I coated in coconut oil, sprinkled with cinnamon and a bit of sugar to roast with the pumpkin halves.




I recently purchased a glass pie dish, in which I can make my own crust instead of buying graham cracker ones. I made an almond flour crust from WholesomeYum's recipe, and the Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe I used can be found at All Recipes.Com. We will  enjoy this dessert after {L}'s Winter Band concert tonight and before we hang up our stockings!


💕 Season's Greetings from my Holiday Kitchen to yours 💕


2 comments:

  1. That's a good way to use the left over pumpkins, Holly. I still have my white pumpkin on my porch. I love your holly jolly cups, so cute. And that's wonderful that you make your own crust for pies. Your Santa and Mrs. Claus plate is festive. You always have great ideas to make your house a cozy and charming place for your family. : )

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! You go girl! Everything sounds so delicious!!! Big Hugs and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete