Wednesday, January 13, 2016

I Have Been Here & There

No I haven't dropped off the face of the earth but have been exploring it. The New Year started of with adventure. A conversation with my Renaissance Man about what I wanted to do for my 36 birthday lead to an impromptu trip on the first day of 2016. Honestly I didn't  know what I wanted to do but while I was rolling things around my brain the phone rang. My step mom asked me if I had plans for my birthday "I'm still trying to figure that out right now", I told her. Well pack the kids and bring them over to stay the night with Grandma!  We all packed our bags in less than 20 minutes, dropped off the kids and  started driving towards the bay area with no plan, just wondering gypsies on the go. 17 years ago on New Years day is when me and my Renaissance man  first met so a trip for just the two of us was extra special.


We landed in Berkeley C.A. The night was spent strolling the streets. Being new years most places were closed.  Fourth Street was still light up for the holidays and we warmed our bones with some Peet's Coffee  and a slice of gingerbread. Many shops lined the streets and we truly did window shop since that is all we could do.The Amtrak station is also located here.


Deciding that seafood and coffee don't mix well we passed on dining at the Grotto. Later dinner was enjoyed at La Mission Grill  1255 University Ave, Berkeley C.A. From the store displays and signs we definitely were in the Middle Eastern section of town. Oh how I wish these shops were open, so many things I enjoy were locked inside the closed doors and I would of loved to have henna done.



Paintings on brick buildings. Sorry for the photo quality these were taken on my phone. I had a fun night in Berkeley and great rest at The Holiday Inn next to the library. I woke up at 4:31 a.m. the next day full of excitement... it was my birthday and we were headed to San Francisco.

4 comments:

  1. Holly, isn't Berkeley the coolest little town? I went there a few years ago and had a great time browsing through the shops. I love this wall mural, so colorful and pretty. It sounds like you had a special birthday celebration. I love how you call your husband Renaissance Man. Guess what? I call my son that hahaha.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday!!! Happy Belated Birthday by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Namaste.
    Love the photographs, especially the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These out of the blue trips with our beloved are the best thing, aren't they? Happy belated First Meeting Anniversary! And Happy Birthday, again. ♥

    ReplyDelete