Monday, November 2, 2015

3 Day Halloween Time Warp

It has been non stop celebrations at Casa Sol y Luna since last Thursday, from birthday, Halloween, and Dia de los Muertos. Lots of photos to share so I will break these post up into three. It's currently raining here in Sacramento and this is a new month blessing in itself. I'm baking a pumpkin in the oven as I compose these post because the outdoor duty's are on rain delay....and that's just fine with me.


On Thursday we carved pumpkins. Yes the children used real knives under supervision. If you teach children how to use tools correctly it benefits them and teaches them necessary skill sets for life.

My Renaissance Man ( yay I gave my husband a blog name instead of just my Hubby) helped finishing up the jack o lanterns. We have two carved but I only have a pic of one. Tooth picks as razor sharp teeth..very effective.

"The Lost Boys" was playing as we enjoyed our pumpkin night festivities. Which reminded me that Lizzie Borden's dress was still in need of something.


Good ol  Corn Syrup did the trick ! Very realistic and I saved money and time, I'm glad these items are in my cabinet. Tomorrow I will share the Halloween party pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment