Biggest Little Surf Museum

July 13, 2016

701 W CLIFF DR, SANTA CRUZ C.A. 95060

Mark Abbot Memorial Lighthouse aka the Surfing Museum

Step into surfing history & memorabilia.

Transition of the surf board throughout the years.

A surfboard stop and shop out of an old gas station with a resident  monkey, back in the day......

Early surfing board with signatures of the greats who made waves.

Of course when you surf  the shark's domain your bound to learn who rules the ocean.

Surfing through the decades.

Plaque honoring 1885 Hawaiian Surfers

I'm glad we decided to finally stop by and check out the first Surf Museum in the world! Admission and parking is free, and wait time to get into museum was zero. You can literally step in and loop around step out, it was that small. Don't be fooled by it's size for the history and nostalgia was immense. To get more in the surfing vibe we walked a few feet to peer over  the cliffs to view the surfer's catching waves at Steamer Lane, which will be my next post....so stay tuned.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Holly, I just went here not long ago, and it was very interesting. A cute picture of your little guy at the museum. We have a big line of surfers in my family. My brother-in-law even surfed Mavericks once. :) I look forward to watching the surfers in your next post.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is so cool! I love museums and I love that there is a surfing museum. I've never surfed and don't plan on it, but its still a really neat sport! Thank you so much for sharing this vacation with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fantastic. I had no idea that there was a surf museum. It makes perfect sense for it to be in California.

    Love the picture of your wee babe. He looks very handsome and ready to surf the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete


  4. I see the sea is not stand it ... great. I wish I could be like you!
    -------------------------------------------------
    teefury , redbubble , threadless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That’s a very nice image. And really such a great collection of Surfboards or it can be seen only in museums.

    ReplyDelete

Sponsor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...